We decided to insulate over the cab. To keep it simple we decided to use Havelock Wool. There is not a lot of room for rigid foam, and we wanted to make sure whatever we used would not impair disassembly for future service.
We wanted armrests on the front seats of our new Promaster. I have a glitchy back, and I really like being able to support my back a bit on the armrests when driving. The driver seat has a right-side armrest, but the left side “armrest’ is built into the door and about a mile and a half away from my elbow. The passenger seat does not have any armrests at all.
At this point in our build, we do not have the entire layout perfectly planned and pinned down, but we were pretty sure of how the propane tank was going to end up so that work could be done before the interior layout was settled.
We are building a fully contained camper (translation — has water and a full shower and toilet set up) that is agile enough to travel the backroads and fit in a regular parking spot. This is our starting point.
As an Amazon Associate and affiliate of van/travel product sites, we earn from qualifying purchases in product links in our posts on this site. Some sales made through such links may provide us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Unless otherwise noted, we have purchased items ourselves. We offer our own opinions about the product/service. Full terms and conditions here.